Jesus taught “The Kingdom of God is at hand!” (mentioned over 120 times in the Gospels) Jesus focused on the vulnerable and outcasts, with whom He walked, talked, taught, comforted, healed, and fed. Jesus lived in solidarity with the poor. Do you?
- "I want a Church which is poor and for the poor!" (Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium)
- Join the U.S. Bishops and the Catholic Community in the United States in taking up Pope Francis' challenge to live in solidarity with the poor!
- Learn about the many issues of poverty and activities this month, e.g., dignity for workers, migration, care for creation, restorative justice, and many more.
Act! If you are performing works of charity now, what more can you do?
- Join with the Social Justice Ministry and Catholic Charities!
- Help us Shelter 1 homeless family (was sleeping in a car)!
- Help set up an apartment!
- Support financially ($33 = 1 day of CCFW shelter with a case manager, mentoring, job search, etc.; $99 = 3 days of shelter, etc.)!
Contact the Social Justice Ministry coordinator for details on how to get involved (Robert Torres, email@example.com