Letter from the Pastoral Administrator
I hope everyone is doing well. It has certainly been a month like we have never experienced before.
We are pleased that the Faith Direct is being used with more signups, and for the collection envelopes being sent by mail to pay our employees, parish bills, and land project. A big thank you for all of this so we can be stronger for the future.
Thank you for participating in the many outreach opportunities we are doing at this time. We are one big community united in Christ celebrating the Easter Season.
If you are not aware of all that we are doing with our priests, staff and volunteers to help us, here are a few of the things that we have been doing. Here is the list I sent to the bishop at his request. We certainly have wonderful people to help us with all these things.
Currently we are:
- Streaming Masses 7 days a week
- Providing Morning and Evening Prayer each day, also streaming
- Provided the Divine Mercy novena and chaplet, streamed
- Rosary online on Saturdays with Men's Rosary and Discipleship and Women's Rosary and Reading
- Did two food drives taken to our outreach partners, Catholic Charities and other agencies with a wonderful response from our community
- Divine Mercy Holy Hour streaming
- Organized phone calls to nursing homes and shut-ins
- Calling many parishioners to see how they are doing and if they need anything. Our priests, staff, and others are doing this.
- Youth meetings stream online once a week
- Heroic Heralds podcast for families to provide spiritual guidance
- Conversations about faith by live interviews
- Friar streamed Easter Message to our people
- Articles and links on our website and newsletter on how to do the Divine Office, how to do a Spiritual Communion, and other topics to support the Domestic Church
- Letters of encouragement from the Pastoral Administrator
- We have many volunteers to help those that need food delivered to their homes or other things that we can provide.
- Doing anointings and confessions when requested.
- Keeping in touch with staff and organizations through Zoom meetings.
If there are other things you wish us to help with, please call the church.
Thank you for your faithfulness in participating in our streaming Masses, prayer services, interviews on our website and Facebook for our youth and others to view.
Thank you also for the wonderful dinners that have been prepared for the friars. We never run out of delicious food at the house.
I look forward to the day when we can all be back in our church together again celebrating Mass, Sacraments and getting together again for the many ministries and organizations that we have. My hope is that during this Easter Season we may become alive in our faith with many events, enjoying that we can be together with everyone again.
You are all in my prayers.
Fr. John Mark Klaus, T.O.R.