Daily, from 01/19/2022 to 01/27/2022, 12:00 AM
The word “Confirmation” then reminds us that this Sacrament brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace: it unites us more firmly to Christ, it renders our bond with the Church more perfect, and it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith, ... to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of his Cross (cf.Catechism of the Catholic Church, n. 1303). --Pope Francis
CONFIRMATION DRESS CODE
(click image for details)
2021-2022 Confirmation Information
Student who are 15 years of age (as of April 2022) and older are eligible to register for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Preparation for Confirmation will be during High School Faith Formation on Wednesdays, from 6:00-8:30pm an additional fee of $45 will be added for Confirmation students.
You must register for both High School Faith Formation and Confirmation.
If you have any questions regarding the Confirmation program, please contact the parish office at 817-421-1387.
We highly encourage each student to volunteer within their church community and their city’s community multiple times before they are confirmed. In order to volunteer at Good Shepherd, your student must be current with their Safe Environment training.
CONFIRMATION CANDIDATE CHECKLIST
Baptismal Certificate (Due: Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021 by 9pm)
Choosing Your Sponsor (Due: Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022 by 9pm)
CHOOSING YOUR SPONSOR
Your sponsor is a huge part of this incredible process. They should be someone that beautifully represents the Catholic faith to you, and someone that you would like to model your life after.
Requirements for a sponsor:
- Sponsors must be at least 16 years of age.
- Sponsors must be practicing Catholics in full communion with the Catholic Church (must have received all sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist).
- Your Godparent may be your sponsor.
- Your parents cannot be your sponsor; however, they can stand in place of your sponsor in the event that your sponsor cannot attend the Confirmation Mass.
- If your sponsor does not attend Good Shepherd, please have them download and complete this form. You can upload the form when you submit your sponsor information below.
If you have any questions about selecting a sponsor, please email me. I will happily help you pick someone that will aid you in this process. - Nathan Karls
Confirmation Name (Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 by 9pm)
CHOOSING YOUR CONFIRMATION NAME
What an incredible part of Church history—changing your name to show the world your conversion of heart. We see it all throughout scripture:
“No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.” -Genesis 17:5
“Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans have overcome.” -Genesis 32:28
“And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas (which is translated to Peter)” –John 1:42
“Changing” your name shows a conversion of heart, and radiates God’s goodness to the entire world. Throughout scripture, when someone was assigned a new name, it signaled a growth in Christian maturity to the world—choose a name of a Saint that has helped you grow in that Christian Maturity.
Students should complete this form and turn it into your leader by March 21st, 2018.
This time is especially critical for students preparing for Confirmation. These sessions will be strictly focused on material relating specifically to Confirmation. They will contain powerful teachings, dynamic group discussion, dinner/fellowship, and more!
Should students be absent for any reason, the class will need to be made up by watching the video from the class, and answering the make-up questions and essay prompt that will be sent to those who miss the class. Please reach out to Katie Downey at if your student will not be able to attend a class.”
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021,6:00-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021,6:00-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022,6:00-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022,6:00-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022,6:00-8:30 PM
- Day of Reflection, Saturday, April 23, 2022, 9am-12 PM
- This a day to stop and reflect on the sacrament that the student will soon be receiving. Students, sponsors, and parents are asked to attend.
Letter to Father Mike (Due: Wednesday, April 27, 2022)
- Confirmation Initial Interviews are October 6th or October 13th, 8pm- 9 pm, 15 minute increments per students. Student and Parents should be in attendance. The Initial Interview is to talk about what is expected of the student in receiving the gift of Confirmation.
- Confirmation Final Interviews are April 27th or May 4th, 8pm- 9 pm, 15 minute increments per students. Students, Sponsors, and Parents should be in attendance. The Final Interview is to talk about how the student grew in their faith life and if they are ready to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Dress Code (Due: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 by 9pm)
Each student is expected to be dressed in full "Sunday best." The dress code will be covered in more specifics at the Confirmation Classes in the Spring, as well as emailed out to all the parents. Students must submit a photo of themselves wearing their Confirmation outfit by 10:00 PM, on Wednesday April 1st.
- Girls, email your photo to Kayla Gollihar at
- Boys, email your photo to Nathan Karls at
Confirmation Mass times will be announced in Spring Semester of 2022.