Wednesday, July 06, 2022, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
OVERVIEW OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD USHER MINISTRY
Because of the nature of their service, Ushers should bring to their ministry a strong sense of community. They are church-builders . . . A prerequisite for those aspiring to quality service in the role of ushers is the commitment to Christ living in his Church, together with a deep sense of being instruments of the community appointed to assist its growth in the spirit of Jesus. “Yours is the first of Christ’s faces to greet God’s people as they assemble for prayer ”
REQUIREMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USHER ROLE
- Ushers must be 14 years of age and be Safe Environment Trained.
- Ushers support a safe and welcoming environment to parishioners and visitors:
- Before/During Mass - assists parishioners as necessary during the Mass
- Ushering the assembly to available seats
- Taking attendance
- Assist with collection
- Assist/guide assembly to Communion, including determining if anyone with special needs requires communion to be brought to them in the pew where they are seated
- Distribute bulletins after Mass
- Training is offered three to four times a year; however, the best method of training is by “shadowing” an usher at a Mass. Lead ushers will help facilitate this for the new usher and determine when they are ready.
- Already an usher and want to be a lead usher? Talk with your lead usher or contact Ken Kempker
Interested in becoming an Usher ? Click here to get started!
Do you have questions about this ministry? Click on a name below to contact us.
Ministry Lead: Mark Steele
Staff Contact: Sr. Michelle Nguyen, CMR, 817-421-1387